The formation of an oncofertility network in the UK was suggested in the summer of 2015. An inaugural meeting was held at the RCOG in November 2015 and the group became the first SIG of the BFS in January 2016. It is chaired by Melanie Davies.
The aim of the group is to develop and promote best practice in the
reproductive care of people with cancer and chronic disease.
- to improve patient care
- information provision, including online resources
- education and training – multidisciplinary including fertility specialists and oncologists
- guidance and policy – to contribute locally and nationally
- improve awareness of fertility preservation, facilitate rapid access to fertility services
- improve NHS provision and funding
Membership is both multidisciplinary and multiprofessional. The SIG
currently has >80 members. Meetings are open to non-BFS members and all
contributors are welcome.
New guidance on female fertility preservation is in development from BFS
Policy and Practice Committee
Further updates and information on this group will be forthcoming.
If you would like to join the group or would like more information please contact:
BFS Secretariat, Profile Productions
Tel: +44 (0)2o3 725 5849