If you wish to join the BFS please visit our registration page.
Terms and Conditions
Application for Membership
Please allow up to 10 working days for us to your process your application upon receipt of your payment. Those applying for membership with direct debit payment will not be processed until a hard copy of their direct debit mandate form has been posted to the BFS Secretariat.
Final confirmation of BFS membership is upon approval of the BFS executive committee.
Mandatory: Please note that a membership application cannot be accepted without a Proposer or statement. Applications without a proposer will be delayed until a proposer name or statement is provided.
- The BFS membership is annual and can be started at any point in the year.
- Applicants applying within the first nine months of the membership year will be expected to pay the full year’s membership fees.
- Membership fees will not be reduced on a pro-rata basis.
- Refunds will not be given for cancelled membership.
- Membership renewal notices will be sent approximately 1 month before the start of the membership year and as a BFS member, you are expected to ensure that payment is effected in time.
- Members who have not paid their membership fee will be deemed as lapsed members and will not receive the newsletter, journal, mailings and discounted registration to BFS events, nor enjoy access to the members section of the BFS website.
- Members whose membership has been allowed to lapse will not be eligible for a travel grant within their first year of reapplication.
- All members who have allowed their membership to lapse must reapply for membership by completing a membership application form.
- Memberships are non-transferrable to colleagues
Student members must be in full-time education and must supply evidence of their status via a letter from their university tutor. Applicants with first degrees and studying for further qualifications are not eligible for the Student category of membership.
The maximum student membership duration is 3 years, after which membership will be converted to a different category.
By applying for membership, you permit the BFS and its professional secretariat provider Profile Productions Ltd to process your personal details.
As a BFS member, you will receive mailings and email alerts from the BFS on its own and related activities.
As a BFS member, your contact details will be included in the online membership directory which is located within the password protected members’ section of the BFS website. The password protected members’ section is available to all fully paid-up BFS members and enables your BFS colleagues to contact you.
A benefit of BFS membership is access to details of the International Federation of Fertility Societies (IFFS) activities. As the BFS is a member of the IFFS, your details will be provided to them on an annual basis.
Please ensure that you keep the BFS Secretariat informed of you up-to-date email address, as much of our correspondence is now via email.
In the event of any error in your payment, please contact the BFS Secretariat.
Refunds will be made where appropriate, at the sole discretion of the BFS.
Refunds cannot be provided for part of the membership year if membership is cancelled.
Notification of cancellation of your membership must be made to the BFS Secretariat and received before the start of the new membership year.