Dundee Institute for Healthcare Simulation, University of Dundee, Clinical Skills Centre, Level 5/6, Ninewells Hospital, DUNDEE, DD1 9SY
Overview and Programme:
Surgery for tubal damage and some pelvic pathology has been shown to improve both natural fertility and assisted conception for some women who have difficulty conceiving. However, with increasing availability and success of IVF treatment, the opportunities for learning reproductive surgical skills, including reversal of sterilisation operations are limited. This Masterclass offers a great line-up of expert faculty, ensuring you receive best quality training whatever your stage of career. The course features interactive presentations and hands on laparoscopic and hysteroscopic skills training, by renowned experts in reproductive surgery, relevant to manage common gynaecological problems affecting fertility.
- Update your knowledge of the surgical options for women with common gynaecological conditions affecting fertility: tubal damage, pelvic adhesions, endometriosis, uterine fibroids, endometrial polyps and those who have been sterilised.
- Learn top tips from internationally recognised experts
- Undertake relevant simulated practical skills training such as laparoscopic suturing
Who should attend?
- Consultants with a special interest in gynaecological endoscopy or reproductive medicine
- Trainees with an interest in reproductive medicine or laparoscopic surgery
- Gynaecologists in the independent sector wishing to update their reproductive surgery skills
|08.30-08.50||Coffee & Registration|
|08.50-09.00||Welcome and Introduction||Amanda Jefferys|
|09.00-09.15||Classification of pelvic disease in relation to fertility||Valentine Akande|
|09.15-09.45||Tubal surgery and reversal of female sterilisation||Mostafa Metwally|
|09.45- 1015||Hysteroscopic surgery||Mostafa Metwally|
|10.15-10.30||Prevention of pelvic and intra-uterine adhesions||Mostafa Metwally|
|11.00-12.00||Surgical treatment of fibroids and endometriosis||Ertan Saridogan|
16.00 – 16.15