Careers in fertility are exciting and immensely rewarding, but there are many choices to be made along the way about what you should do to improve your expertise. We can all benefit from friendly independent advice every now and then and the BFS has experts in every area related to modern fertility practice. This includes senior nurses, scientists and counsellors, as well as clinicians, all of whom have a wealth of experience to share. Through the BFS Mentorship scheme (free to all members) we can match you up with a mentor in a category of your choice, across a whole range of disciplines.
A mentor will be available to provide you with friendly informal support in your training and development. So if you want impartial advice about a project or training course, advice about business aspects of your practice, then signing up for the Mentorship Scheme might be a good way for you to benefit from your BFS membership.
- How the relationship develops will be between the mentor and mentee, but is likely to involve infrequent email exchanges.
- Brief feedback by both mentors and mentees will be collected by the Training Committee, using email on an annual basis.
- The relationship will end after 2 years unless both parties wish to continue.
- Mentees will have the opportunity to apply for a new mentor as before, if they wish.
- Please note mentors are unable to intervene in work place disputes, provide references or support work placements.
Mentorship categories available:
- Business mentors (ie from those working mostly in the private sector)
- Fertility Nurses
We are also recruiting mentors and if you are interested, we’d love to hear from you.
If you have any questions feel free to contact us, we are here to help.
Chair of Education and Training Sub-committee